A cannon blast through the heart of all that is dead and decaying.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Day the Doors Went Unlocked

I remember the day
the doorways went unlocked
I peered into eternity's root
and saw the skeleton of the cosmos
replace the sky--
Vast mandalas of darkness and light
unfurled like flags
of fire and starlight

Thousands of leaves
pulsating with wind--
green sails filled with life,
distant lights
trailing over
sea's dark mirror

While Africa spirit-voices
reverberated through soul-wells
and I passed through
Sahara plains generations
and followed the ecstatic rhythms
of the drum migration

A celestial veil
filled my vision with
heaven's sharp light--
I looked with Adam's clear eyes and saw
A morning web
burning with dew

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex, dude, is this your poetry? I'm glad you have a blog and are writing regularly. You have a LOT of talent and I mean it!

Your pal,

Catnip

4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home